I really feel like I finally have the hang of this whole diet and exercise thing. I feel like I am motivated now more than I ever have been and it helps so much to have Thomas doing it with me and us both wanting to be better parents to our little one (although he is growing up too quickly!!!).
Last week(ish??), I can't really remember when I did it, but I was doing a workout and had pretty much just started. I was on my reps of burpees and tweaked my right knee. I ended up buying a knee brace and I now wear it anytime I workout, but I am afraid to do burpees or any type of CrossFit exercises for fear of messing it up again. I thought for sure when I got ready to look down at my leg that it was going to be all a jumbled up mess and that my knee cap was going to be on the side of my leg...at least that's how it felt. I laid low for a couple of days but couldn't NOT workout so I ended up just easing my way back in with some walking on the treadmill.
Along with my 5K training which is going slower than I planned because I am needing to repeat week 3. (Fat girl can't run 3 minutes straight without feeling like she is going to die!!!), I am doing a February Fab Ab challenge that is planks, sit-ups, and push-ups that increase everyday throughout the month. We started at a 10 second plank, 10 sit-ups and 4 push-ups. By the end of the month we should be able to hold a 2 minute plank, 100 sit-ups, and 25 push-ups. I also decided to attempt to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred again because I never finished the first time. So far, so good!
I am down another 1.4 lbs bringing my total up to 47 lbs lost!! So exciting!!! I just really feel like nothing is stopping me now! I am doing this for first and foremost, myself, and secondly for my husband and son. It definitely makes me a better wife and mother all around and keeps me sane when I get a good sweat on!!!
Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!!!
Suzanne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
2 comments :
Congrats on all your awesomeness! It definitely helps to have a partner in crime. Keep it up :)
So close to the 50lb mark! Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment