I have been having some motivation issues...the lack of motivation, I might add. I get so confused with how many calories I should be eating. I feel hungry all the time when I eat 1440 like My Fitness Pal suggests and my weight loss is going soooooo slow. That discourages me more than anything, but instead of being so consumed with what the number on the scale says, I need to focus on how my clothes are fitting because I am pretty sure I am losing inches. Because my body fat percentage is so high, I need to change a lot of that fat to muscle before I am going to start seeing much difference but once that happens I will be a fat burning machine!!! I have been doing a lot of research on my basal metabolic rate (how many calories your body burns just by existing) and what my daily caloric intake should be to lose weight and everything and I think I am eating too few calories so I am going to try upping my calories and I am going to give it 2 weeks or a 5 lb. gain if it doesn't work. If it doesn't work, I may completely throw the towel in with calorie counting and go back to strict paleo and not worry how many calories are in foods. It is all so confusing and discouraging sometimes!
I feel like I am giving up on my dream to "be a runner". I want to enjoy running but all of the pain that I am in makes me feel like it is never going to happen. I know running is about 90% mental but when my shin/calf is on fire while I am running there is nothing enjoyable about it. They say to push through the pain but sometimes that is easier said than done. I don't want to injure myself. I have been fitted for shoes and recently purchased some compression sleeves but I think I syked (I have no idea how you spell that word!!) myself up and was able to run 1/4 mile without stopping with pretty much no pain. But then when I tried to do it again a couple days later, I couldn't do it. I have decided to go back to week 2 on the C25K plan because I can't run a full 3 minutes like week 3 calls for.
I was hoping to be in the 180's by April but with as slow as my weight loss is going I am not sure if I will make it there by then or not.
Some of our really good friends have rented a beach cottage in June and have invited us to go with them so we are getting down to the nitty gritty and I HAVE to kick it into high gear!
Ok, enough of the self-sabotaging. Carry on with your regular Monday activities!
Suzanne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
2 comments :
Do you ice your shins? The random times I have shin pain, that works like a charm.
I haven't, no. Normally, it is just my calves that hurt, but yesterday it was my shins. I will have to try that. They don't hurt after I am finished running, just during.
Post a Comment