Tuesday, February 26, 2013

March Challenges

My friend Laura and I are doing a non-scale challenge starting Friday.  We both have an obsession with weighing and want to break free of the feeling that we are defined by the number on the scale...that somehow it tells our worth or something.  Instead, we are going to focus on getting stronger and healthier.  The things we are going to be looking at are:

  • One mile time (this is going to be killer for me, but the only way from here is up!!!  I can barely run 1/4 mile now as it is!!)
  • Plank time
  • Crunches in one minute
  • Push-ups in one minute (on knees or military style)
  • Burpees in one minute (burpees, I loathe you...and quite frankly am afraid of you since my knee injury!!!)
  • Tricep dips in one minute
In addition to the things listed above we are also going to be taking our body measurements monthly. She has decided to weight monthly, but I don't know if I am even going to do that.  My husband hid my scale this past Friday and I haven't once had the desire to go searching for it.  I am loving that as long as I stick to my workout routines and eating properly, the inches and weight are subsequently going to drop.  I can FEEL it!  :)  So, the last number I saw on the scale was 192.4.  I have no idea if I have lost any weight as of right now but I do know that based on clothing alone, things are getting looser!  My favorite pair of pre-preggo jeans....I actually have a little extra room in them, which I didn't have before getting pregnant!  :)  Progress people, progress!!!

Anyway, back to the challenge.  We are going to take our measurements and do our first round of the above mentioned exercises as a baseline.  You are only in a challenge with yourself.....NO ONE ELSE!  Like Laura said, if you can only do one today, try for two tomorrow and so on.  We can do this!!!  Laura's husband is also making a printable sheet to follow along throughout the duration of the challenge as a place for you to keep track of your progress that she will share on Friday and I am going to sweet talk her into letting me use it on my blog too.  :)  

Secondly, each month, the group that I am a part of decides on a challenge to do.  February's was Fab Ab challenge where we have done sit-ups, push-ups, and planks, gradually increasing the time and amount throughout the month.  We started with 10 sit-ups, a 10 second plank, and 4 push-ups.  On Thursday, we will have increased our time and reps to 100 sit-ups, a 2 minute plank, and 25 push-ups.  For March, we are doing Lean Legs March.  I don't know about y'all, but I could definitely use some help in the leg region.  :)  I found this calendar on Pinterest.

This calendar is from last year but you can transfer it onto a calendar for this year.  :)  If you click on the link, she gives you demonstrations of all of the different moves, either by video or a picture tutorial.  If you aren't ready to hide the scale just yet, maybe you can join me on this challenge and get Leaner Legs by summertime!  :)

I am very much looking forward to both of these challenges!

post signature

1 comments :

Unknown said...

You can DEFINITELY share the printable! I'll e-mail you a copy. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it downloadable from my blog. And I LOVE working legs. I may do that too! Love it!

Post a Comment