Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-changes and hiding the scale

For those of you that know me, you know that what I am about to tell you is a HUGE deal!  First off let me start by saying, I am obsessed with weighing myself.  I weigh myself pretty much everytime after I use the bathroom all throughout the day.  I don't know what my obsession is with it or why I do it, but for some reason I think that if I don't see the number on the scale for a while that I feel like my life is spinning out of control.

I have asked my husband to hide the scale.  I weighed myself yesterday and was 193.6 (up from 192.2 the previous day).  So that is the last number that I am going based on.  I am so consumed by the number on the scale that if it isn't going down, I feel that I am not successful in my efforts, even though I am eating pretty well and working my butt off with exercising.  I have lost inches, but it still frustrates me when the scale doesn't move or moves very very little week to week.  

I am going to try this for a month.  I am going to continue my exercising.  I may actually kick that up a notch and clean up my eating a little bit more.  I really need to get the bad fats, sugar, and caffeine out of my life!!!  Giving up caffeine is also a HUGE deal.  Thank God they still make decaf coffees and teas so if I really have  a hankering, I can drink one of those.  

I will need your help during this next month.  It is going to be tough to let go of some of these things, but I know it is going to be so good for me!  

Happy Thursday y'all!  It's almost Friday and the weekend!!

Suzanne





2 comments :

Toya said...

You can do it! My fiance recently took both our scales out of the house because I was becoming obsessed, and he knows I wont weigh at work. Try to focus on how good yu feel after a workout.

Toya
www.kismetandkilograms.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

That is what I am trying to do...(it is only day 1). And I am really trying to focus on my eating too. I will feel like I am cheating myself if I put the scale away but don't eat and train properly. We can do this!!

Post a Comment