Hey ya'll! It's March....my birth month....:) We have already started celebrating my birthday even though it isn't actually until Monday. When I picked Thomas up from the airport on Thursday, he had gone to The Body Shop while in the Charlotte airport and bought me body butter, body scrub, and shower gel in Moringa, that is a fruity floral (yes, it is both) smell that is awesome!!
Then, today he took me to the Outer Banks to go to one of my favorite restaurants, Mama Kwans to get their famous fish tacos, that are OUT.OF.THIS.WORLD!!!!

And of course, while we were down there we had to go down to the o-chin!!

Anyway, enough of my day and the spoiling that my hubby does of me. :)
Again, it is March!! That means it is the first day of mine and Laura's No Scale Challenge! I wrote about it earlier in the week on Tuesday, but just as a refresher:
The rules for the No Scale Challenge are:
- Weigh yourself ONLY once a month. If you have too big of a temptation, have someone hide the scale for you.
- Complete these six activities and record your results:
- One mile time
- Plank time in one minute
- Crunches in one minute
- Push ups in one minute (military or on knees)
- Burpees in one minute
- Tricep dips in one minute
- Then, work on improving each of the above mentioned activities at least three times a week.
You can do as little or as much of this as you want. But, YOU are your only competition in this. Laura and I are mainly doing this to get rid of our obsession with the scale, but we both wanted other ways to see improvement, besides how our clothes fit. We want to KNOW that we are getting stronger. Push yourself! We are also here if you need some pushing. ;) We can and we will do this!
I also, took my body measurements (neck, left and right biceps, bust, waist, hips, left and right thigh, and left and right calf just as a baseline. Laura's awesome husband made a spreadsheet for us to keep track of all of our measurements and results that you can download from her blog! (If I was all techy and knew how to put it in my blog I would, but this way you can check out Laura's blog too!)
So, here are all of my measurements for the month of March, and some pictures too!
Neck--14"
Right Bicep--13"
Left Bicep--12 3/4"
Bust--41 1/2"
Waist (at belly button)--39"
Hips (at largest part)--43 1/2"
Right Thigh--24 1/2"
Left Thigh--25 3/4"
Right Calf--17 1/2"
Left Calf--17"
One mile time: 15:53 (treadmill)
Plank time: 01:47:01
Number of crunches in one minute: 52 (Sit-ups--coming ALL the way up were 35)
Number of push-ups in one minute: 37 (knees)
Number of burpees in one minute: 13
Number of tricep dips in one minute: 41
Neck--14"
Right Bicep--13"
Left Bicep--12 3/4"
Bust--41 1/2"
Waist (at belly button)--39"
Hips (at largest part)--43 1/2"
Right Thigh--24 1/2"
Left Thigh--25 3/4"
Right Calf--17 1/2"
Left Calf--17"
One mile time: 15:53 (treadmill)
Plank time: 01:47:01
Number of crunches in one minute: 52 (Sit-ups--coming ALL the way up were 35)
Number of push-ups in one minute: 37 (knees)
Number of burpees in one minute: 13
Number of tricep dips in one minute: 41
Sizes:
Jeans: 14--YES, I am FINALLY in a 14 again!!! I started this whole thing out in 18's--pushing a 20!!!
Shirts L/XL
I don't wear dresses, so I have NO clue! I would imagine a 14 or 16....but who knows! LOL
My final weight, as of this morning, after eating and drinking a cup of coffee was 190.4!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!! Total, I have lost 49.6 lbs since having Camden last April! So exciting and so close to 50 lbs lost!
And, now for some pictures!!!
And, this is my motivation wall! On the paper, I have all of my weight loss goal milestones and rewards for each 10 lbs lost. :)
Have a fabulous weekend y'all!!


4 comments :
Congrats on your progress!! You look great. Good luck with your no-scale challenge -- I'm thinking of taking a week off from mine, even that will be hard for me! ;)
www.runninglikeamother.com
Thank you! My husband his it last Friday but I sweet talked him into letting me weigh-in this morning! If has been so freeing not worrying about the scale. As long as I am doing what I know I am supposed to be doing, I know I will see a loss when I weigh again! It feels awesome!
Hid*
Huzzah!
Post a Comment