Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 1

While I have been eating pretty decent the last week and a half, I haven't been exercising.  Quite frankly, coming off of this ankle injury, I have been scared to do much of anything for fear of hurting myself even more.  But I sucked it up and dealt with it.  I started doing CrossFit in 2009 (I think) and was gung-ho for it, but looking through my plethora of CrossFit workouts that I've done in the past, I was afraid to go all in.  So, I looked up some CrossFit at home workouts and found this blog:

http://cleaneatsinthezoo.com/index/30-day-at-home-crossfit-challenge-workouts/

He has a 30 day at home crossfit challenge going on with pretty much bodyweight exercises and if you can't or don't run outside, you can do the running on a treadmill or bike or swim (whichever you prefer). So I did day 1 today: 5 rounds for time of: 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 10 air squats and then I added in 10 10lb kettlebell swings.  I feel great but also feel like a fatty because I know I'm nowhere near where I was!  But, as long as I keep on keepin' on, I will do this and I will get back to where I was and hopefully surpass where I was.

So, I opened my Pandora "Hard Rock Strength Training" radio station and went to it. I completed these exercises in just under 10 minutes.  9:58 to be exact.  Not where I wanted to be, but I know I'll get there.  Slow and steady wins the race.  Sometimes I wish I was one of those people that could just change the way I eat and lose weight.  Although this works for me for a time, I just become "skinny fat" (look it up on Urban Dictionary--lol) and that is not what I want.  Like I stated in a post before, I want to be one of those women that people look at and say, "She had a baby?!" And right now, I know I am NOWHERE near there!

So, I am hoping I can stick with this for the next 30 days and then move onto the level 2 that Clean Eats in the Zoo has or go back to the workouts that I have in my notebooks!

As I stated above, I've been doing really well with eating.  Saturday night I broke out my Everyday Paleo Cookbook by Sarah Fragoso:

I made her "Spicy Speedy Stuffed Peppers" also found at http://everydaypaleo.com/?s=stuffed+peppers and they were delish!  Last night, I made her Hasta La Vista Pasta Lasagna where the "lasagna" is thinly sliced zucchini.  I loved the meat mixture, but wasn't too keen on the zucchini--it was bitter!  Bleck!  But, I'll still eat the leftovers!

Anyway, hope everyone has a happy Tuesday!

-Suzanne-

0 comments :

Post a Comment