Friday, August 17, 2012

Weekends

So, it's been a few days since I've blogged. My lovely 4 month old takes a lot of time away from me to be able to write everyday, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!  Love that little stinker!
So, weekends are awful for me food wise.  It seems like everything I've worked on during the week is completely null and void once Friday or Saturday rolls around and I throw all of the good food choices out the window!  I don't know why I do this to myself.  I haven't done terrible this week but made a whole day's worth of bad choices but got back on track the next day thanks to my wonderful, supportive hubby.  

I've finally decided that until baby boy gets older and can entertain himself for longer periods of time I am going to save myself my sanity and just focus on my eating, rather than trying to get a workout in too.  Because waking up early to get it all in before booger butt wakes up, isn't working out well at all.  I need to go to bed earlier to make that work, but that would mean that booger bear would need to be able to let me get stuff done during the day, and that hasn't happened.  And probably won't for quite some time...at least a month down the road.  So, I spend all my time attempting to get the things done during the day that I couldn't when daddy gets home and can take the little stinker so mommy can actually do some housework.

I wish there was some class that taught you how to juggle life with an infant and housework and being a wife and a good mother and being able to eat right and exercise more and still have your sanity at the end of the day...hmmm....anyone....Buelher.....anyone??

So today's lunch consisted of fried bologna and cheese with a slice of tomato, a smidge of mayo, on no bread, and sliced cucumbers and baby carrots.  It was delish!  And here's a picture!
I had told y'all in an earlier post all of the books that I was reading. I've really dove head first into A Course in Weight Loss and am loving it so far.  I've only done two chapters, but am really getting a lot out of it.  The first chapter was about tearing down the wall.  I love the imagery in the book. You walk up to a brick wall and there are words written on each brick, such as, shame, anger, fear unforgiveness, judgement, etc. Marianne Williamson, the author, then has you go through each word and write how it makes you feel and what each word represents: a thought, and emotional reality, or a character defect that pertains to you.  Then you take each word and allow yourself to identify the situations or circumstances that connects you to that word.  "Your fear has built the wall, and love will tear it down."  Then in the second chapter, "Thin You, Meet Not-Thin You" it is all about loving yourself, whether you're thin or pleasantly plump (I don't like the word fat).  And at the end of that chapter you write Thin You a letter from Not-Thin You, and then Not-Thin you respond to Thin You.  It is a pretty neat exercise....very cleansing if I do say so myself.  Anyway, there's my little book review thus far.  In a nutshell, the book is about getting your mind right when it comes to weight and once your mind is right and you turn that fear (generally why we overeat, etc.) into love, the pounds will start melting away!  We'll see if it works!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Suzanne




0 comments :

Post a Comment