I am in the middle of reading several books (yes at the same time!!) and wanted to share those with you in case you can glean some insight from them as well!
The first book that I am reading is:
The Paleo Answer: 7 Days to Lose Weight, Feel Great, Stay Young by Loren Cordain
This book really digs deep into why you should eat paleo and breaks down a lot of the common questions people ask about why they can't eat certain things and gives Loren Cordain's take on it and the scientific reasoning behind it.
He also has another book that is more of an introduction into what paleo is called The Paleo Diet.
Next I am really wanting to get into running and have tried the Couch to 5K running program but always find myself soooooo incredibly sore after the first day that I haven't had much progress on it. So I found a book by Jeff Galloway called Women's Complete Guide to Running:
This book is written with his wife Barbara and it goes into detail about some of the problems women face when running (hormones, taking care of the household, body issues, etc.)
I am also going to start reading 2 more books. The first one I was introduced to by a patient at my former job that she had a lot of success with weight loss by using this book. It is called A Course in Weight Loss by Marianne Williamson.
And finally, I started reading this book a couple of years ago with a friend to start an accountability group with and life just got in the way of reading and of the group so me and another friend are going to start reading this together (thanks Exie!). It is called Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food by Lysa Terkeurst.
I am looking forward to finishing all of these books and hope they help me on my journey to becoming a better me!




0 comments :
Post a Comment