Thursday, August 9, 2012

Time flies and things change

On this day, 3 years ago, I put my foot down and made the decision to better myself. Overall I lost 50 pounds and felt fabulous but wanted to lose more. Then a few weeks later I quit my job, cold turkey, because I was completely miserable.  I was unemployed for 2 months and during that time, I started to get lazy and the yo-yoing continued. 

In October of 2009, I started working at a doctor's office where 4 days a week, lunch was catered by drug reps and our patients showed their love for us by baking cakes, pies, etc and if you know me, I find it extremely difficult to say no to sweets. (I wish I didn't have this problem).  

My weight was up and down and then in July of 2011 I got pregnant.  Thankfully I only gained about 20 lbs during the pregnancy, but unfortunately it is because I was sick the whole time.  I gave birth on April 10, 2012 to a 5 lb 15 oz handsome baby boy, but he came by an emergency cesarean section.  I lost most of my pregnancy weight within the first couple of weeks, but then pretty much gained everything back.

I was only a pound or two from my highest weight.  Now 4 months later, I am only 5 pounds below my highest weight, but I never ever want to see that number again!  I CAN do this and I WILL do this!

Here is to a new, healthier lifestyle change (I hate the word diet!)!!

-Suzanne-

0 comments :

Post a Comment