So we are in Kansas for Christmas and I have had a few reality checks just in the few short days we have been here. 1) I am extremely out of shape!!!--I have been working out with my mom at Project Fitness (CrossFit) and it has literally been kicking my butt. I do CrossFit at home, but it is NOWHERE near the same as the benefits you get from an actual CrossFit "box". 2) When we worked out on Wednesday, I asked my mom to do my body fat analysis and all that on the scale. I know it isn't completely accurate but the numbers that I saw were HORRIFYING to say the least!!! I am hoping it is the slap in the face that I need to get my butt back in gear. I will break it down for you. My weight (with clothes on, no shoes) was 203.2--not as bad as I thought it would be. My body mass index was 32.8--pretty sure that I am considered extremely obese by those numbers. This number right here is what is most horrifying to me. My body fat percentage was 49.2%--holy crap!!!! That means almost HALF of my body is FAT!!!!! My muscle percentage was 22.1%. My visceral fat (the fat around your heart) was an 8--not terrible but definitely needs to be down to like a 5 or 6. My body age was 54!!! Folks, I am 28 years old!!!!! My body age is almost half of my REAL age and as old as my mom's real age!!! I also found out that if I were to start counting calories again, just what I need to maintain and stay the same weight I am now is 1,633 calories. So I would need to decrease that number by at least 200-400 calories. Good to know, cause I was eating WAY TOO MUCH when I was counting calories!! And 3) I still have a looooong way to go!! I went shopping with my mom yesterday and everything I tried on made me look like a blimp!!! Mind you, since giving birth to my son, I have lost roughly 35 lbs. Yeah, I have a ways to go!!!!
So what am I going to do about these numbers and what I saw in the mirror? Really, there is only 1 thing to do and that is let it motivate me!!! I have worked out all but 1 day since I've been home with my mom and gotten some good calorie burns. BUT, my diet is what needs the work and I know this. I crave breads and sweets and all the bad stuff (really, who doesnt?!) But I have to get past the momentary satisfaction of the taste and remember how the crap makes me feel about an hour later. I lack energy throughout the rest of the day. I crave caffeine just to get my through the day or if I don't get the caffeine then I need extra sleep. I have headaches and inflammation and an upset stomach. WHY CAN'T I GET THIS THROUGH MY THICK SKULL!?!?!?!
Anyway, I digress from all the sad, woe is me, stuff.
Onto my weekly workout recap:
12/19/12--For Time with a 20 minute time limit
75 squats
150 double unders or 600 singles
50 pull-ups
100 sit-ups
50 push-ups
150 double unders or 600 singles
75 squats
I modified this a bit and only got 50 of the singles and did a 30 calorie row in place of it. I subbed 50 pull-ups for 50 ring rows and then when the 20 minute mark had hit I only had gotten in 80 sit-ups. Great workout but I was gassed by the end of it!! I think only 1 guy out the three classes RXed it and finished in 18:36!!
12/20/12
Strength: Hang power cleans 1-1-1-1-1-1
Skill: Max calorie row in 5 minutes (I burned 56 calories)
And the WOD was a 10 minute AMRAP of:
5 hang power cleans (max weight from strength workout)--I only used the 25 lb bar and was having huge issues with form!!!
10 chest to bar pull-ups ( did ring rows)
15 push balls--I used a 10 lb ball
Completely 4 rounds
12/21/12
"12 days of Christmas"
1 power snatch (I just used a PVC pipe working on form)
2 ring dips (did these off a box)
3 burpees
4 ring rows (did these off a bar)
5 toes to bar (just worked on form--can't even get knees to elbows)
6 push-ups (off a bar)
7 squats
8 jumping lunges (L/R=1)--stationary lunges for part and walking lunges for part
9 box jumps (did step-ups off of 3 45 lb plates)
10 wall balls (10 lb ball)
11 KB swings
12 thrusters
The way the workout works is like the song. You do 1 power snatch. Then you do 2 rings dips + 1 power snatch. Then 3 burpees + 2 ring dips + 1 power snatch, etc. All the way up to 12 and back down.
My mom and I got to 10 wall balls and then on our way back down only made it to 6 push-ups. We were fatigued but it was a wonderfully awful or awfully wonderful (however you want to look at it!!!) workout!!!!
Hope you lovelies are having a great week and enjoy your time celebrating Christmas (hopefully with those you love!!)
~Suzanne~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
0 comments :
Post a Comment