Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Out of Commission

Last Thursday evening as I was going through my routine getting ready for bed I noticed my throat starting to hurt.  I took some Zicam and all my other night time medicine and as I was crawling into bed, my entire body started aching.  Low and behold, on Saturday morning Thomas took me to the doctor and I tested positive for the flu.  Have you ever had a flu test?  I wanted to punch the nurse in throat, it hurt so bad!!!  My head already felt like it was going to explode and then the nurse came in and had to basically stick what was long q-tips all the way up my nose.  She stuck them so far up there I am pretty sure she reached my brain.  I immediately starting crying because it hurt so bad.....yes, I am a 28 year old woman, and I still cry sometimes at the doctor's office....sue me!!!  But the nurse actually kinda started laughing at me!!!  Seriously?!?!?!

After a prescription for Tamiflu, alternating between Coricidin HBP Maximum Flu (yes I have high blood pressure too) and NyQuil for the evenings, I am somewhat starting to feel normal again (whatever that is).  I still sound like a man when I talk and I'm hacking up all kinds of nasty green things...blech.  But I haven't worked out since Thursday and it is killing me not to do anything but my lungs just can't handle it right now.

I did just attempt the 12-12-12 WOD from CrossFit Mamas and only made it through 1 round before I was hacking.  So now I am extremely behind on my squat challenge and my plank challenge.  So you know what I'm gonna be doing the rest of the week?  Playing catch up!!!  I have LOTS of squats to do to get  back on track!  UGH!

On a much much happier note, the flu has done some good!  Haha!  I saw THIS on the scale yesterday!!!
And then I got dressed......blah.  But I'm there!!!  Also, Christmas came early for me!  Hubby got me a:
Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor!  Merry Christmas to me!!!!  Wooohooo!!!!  :)  So stinkin' excited!!!  Anyway, I hope y'all are having a fabulous week!  Just wanted to give a little update.  I am so bad about writing new blogs but don't want to bore y'all with the same ol' same ol' so I don't update unless it's important to me and worth updating!  Latez y'all!  :)

Suzanne


2 comments :

Unknown said...

Boo on the flu! But yeah for the Polar. I can't wait until I get mine. Feel better!

Toya said...

Hey just found your blog love it congrats on getting to the one hundreds!!!! You can do it! Keep up the good work I will be reading.
Toya
Www.kismetandkilograms.blogspot.com

Post a Comment