Thursday, October 4, 2012

Yo-yo

I know y'all probably get tired of reading my blog and seeing that I yo-yo so much with dieting.  Technically it isn't really yo-yoing though because I'm not off and on and off and on I just jump from "diet" to "diet".  After the 6 lb weight loss I was only able to keep 3 of the 6 lbs off that I lost during the 4 day off cycle of the  Three Day Military Diet.  I started it again on Monday but Thomas and I went to Campbell University to visit two girls that go to our church that attend there on Tuesday so I couldn't stick to the diet for supper.

So, I have now started counting calories.  It is going pretty well and really opens your eyes up to see what you really consume in a day's time.  I have been reading a blog and two of her followers decided to start a facebook "fit camp" page. It has over 7,000 members now and we all (or whoever can) started October 1st the 30 days of Jillian Michaels challenge where for every day in October you will do some sort of Jillian Michaels workout.  I decided to take on 30 Day Shred and it is kicking my butt.

I was going to attempt to do my couch to 5k (C25K) program every other day with it but I find it extremely difficult unless I do one in the morning and one in the evening.  My amazing hubby took our son to work with him on Monday so I could get the house cleaned.  I literally cleaned from 10 AM to around 6 PM that night and now it seems that it needs cleaned all over again.  I HATE DOING DISHES!!!!!!!!!!!  I vacuumed and dusted every room, changed the sheets, did laundry, vacuumed the cob webs out of the corners of the room, did dishes, and then attempted to do day 3 of C25K.  Haha, it is a 30 minute program and I got about 10 minutes in and went from the jogging 1 minute to walking 1 1/2 minutes I think the 2nd or 3rd time around and almost lost my footing because my legs completely locked up.  I felt like a total failure and knew that I probably shouldn't do the workout but wanted to anyway because I knew it would make me feel better.  Boy was I wrong.  I don't know if I still have so much weight to lose that I need to wait until I lose about 20-30 lbs and then restart C25K or just take it a little slower and make a 9 week program more like a 12-14 week program.  Thoughts? Suggestions?

I decided to stop doing the 30 day at home CrossFit workouts, mainly because I was getting bored with them.  It is all body weight exercises and I have more equipment now than when  I first started that I need to incorporate into the workouts.  I think I might start back at the beginning of my CrossFit workout notebook and do those workouts and add in some other exercises that use my new equipment.  I am getting so bored with all this but I know it is what I need to do to better myself and it makes me feel so much better.

So I know I have only been counting calories for a few days but I am so incredibly impatient and I want to start seeing some results!!!  How long does it take before you start noticing or see the numbers on the scale going down?

Take care y'all!

Suzanne

0 comments :

Post a Comment