So first of all, let me start by telling you a little bit about myself. My name is Suzanne. I am a mother to my beautiful baby boy, a wife to my awesome husband, a daughter to my wonderful parents, a sister to my fantastic brother, but most of all, a child of God.
In 2009 my parents started training with a personal trainer doing CrossFit and adopted a paleo lifestyle and each lost about 60 lbs. I too jumped on the wagon and lost 50 lbs and was finally starting to feel comfortable in my own skin. I got down to 165 and wanted to go even lower. But my life took some crazy turns and I ended up quitting my job and was unemployed for about 2 months when I started working again at a doctor's office, where I went from running around chasing 3 kids that I babysat to a sedentary office job with drug reps bringing lunch all but one day a week. I very quickly started gaining the weight back and then low and behold in July of 2011 I got pregnant with our first child. Thankfully I only gained about 20 lbs, but I was sick the entire pregnancy.
Now our son is 3 1/2 months old. I wasn't able to breastfeed but the first 4 weeks, I am well passed my 6 week check-up and have been cleared to start everything back, but I am finding it so incredibly hard to get the dedication and motivation back to start working out and eating healthy again....especially with a very needy 3 1/2 month old.
But today, I put my foot down. I already have high blood pressure so this isn't something to mess around with. My goal is to completely get off of my BP meds and overall just get healthy. I would like to start training for a 5K, not necessarily so I can do one, but just to say that I can actually run!! I have never been a runner in my life and have seen all of the health benefits that it can provide to be able to run. Plus, I would just love to say that I am a CrossFitter and a runner. :)
I woke up this morning and had my cup of coffee, ate my breakfast (a banana and 3 hard boiled eggs) and put my son in his bassinet for some tummy time while I did my first workout to the new me (again!).
I did 21-15-9 of:
10 lb kettlebell swings
goblet squats with a 10 lb weight
push presses with the bar only
and sit-ups
It took me 7:35 to complete this exercise. I know it wasn't a long workout but I definitely feel like I did something and it was a good start.
I just finished my lunch and had a little bit of chicken salad and a bowl of strawberry and spinach salad with water to drink.
If you are interested more in what paleo and/or crossfit are, check out the links below.
What is CrossFit?
What is the paleo diet?
So, here is to the new me! NO MORE EXCUSES!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
0 comments :
Post a Comment